Children and Young People
Policy on the Safeguarding of Children and Young People in the Church.
This policy will be reviewed each year to monitor the progress which has been achieved.
1. As members of this Church, we commit ourselves to the nurturing, protection and safekeeping of all, especially children and young people.
2. It is the responsibility of each one of us to prevent the physical, sexual and emotional abuse of children and young people and to report any abuse discovered or suspected.
3. We recognise that our work with children and young people is the responsibility of the whole Church.
4. Our Church is committed to supporting, resourcing and training those who work with Children and young people and to providing supervision.
5. Our Church is committed to following the policy and procedures published by the Diocese.
6. The Parish will adopt good practice guidelines.
7. Each worker with children and young people must undertake Diocesan Safeguarding training, know the guidelines and undertake to follow them. Each shall be given a copy of the Parish’s agreed procedures and good practice guidelines.
8. As part of our commitment to children and young people, the PCC has appointed Mrs Susan Hopkinson to be the Parish Safeguarding Co-ordinator.
9. Children and young people are an important part of our Church today - they have much to give as well as to receive.
10. We will listen to them.
11. As we nurture them in worship, learning, and in community life, we will respect the wishes and feelings of children and young people.
This statement was adopted by St Anne’s, Edgeside at a Parochial Church Council Meeting 2023.
Incumbent R Bevan
Churchwarden A Robertson
Churchwarden K Talbot
Parish Safeguarding-Co-ordinator S Hopkinson