Messy Church is a way of being church for families and others.
Why not join us on the first Sunday of the month at 10.30am for breakfast, followed at 11.00am when the fun starts!
- Messy Church is a form of church for children and adults that involves creativity celebration and hospitality.
- It's primarily for people who don't already belong to another form of church.
- It meets at a time (and sometimes in a place) that suits people who don't already belong to church.
- It typically includes a welcome, a long creative time to explore the biblical theme through getting messy; a short celebration time involving story, prayer, song, games and similar; and breakfast together at tables. All elements are for, and should include, people of all ages, adults and children.
- It's fun!
- It's church for people at all stages of their faith journey and of any age - a congregation that is as valuable and worthy of investment as any of your other congregations.
- It models and promotes good ways of growing as a family: a nuclear family, an extended family, and a global and local church family.
- Its aim is to introduce Jesus, to give an opportunity to encounter him and to grow closer to Him.
Messy Church is an all-age fresh expression of church that offers counter-cultural transformation of family life through families coming together to be, to make, to eat and to celebrate God.